- California Department of Insurance for general information and questions on insurance in California. Their home page contains an 800 number you can call.
- California Department of Insurance search for information on specific insurance companies authorized to transact business in California for specified lines of business.
- National Conference of Insurance Guaranty Funds (NCIGF) directory of state specific guaranty funds and departments of insurance.
- California Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) Information and Assistance Unit provides information and assistance to employees, employers, and other interested parties concerning rights, benefits and obligations under California's workers' compensation laws.
- The State of California has two funds that may assist California injured workers.
- The Uninsured Employers Benefits Trust Fund (UEBTF) pays covered claims when an illegally uninsured employers fail to pay workers' compensation benefits awarded to their injured employees by the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board.
- The Subsequent Injuries Benefits Trust Fund (SIBTF) is a source of potential additional compensation to injured workers who already had a disability or impairment at the time of a new workers’ compensation injury.
- California Workers Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB) on-line search tool to identify workers compensation claims filed with the WCAB. This tool is called EAMS (Electronic Adjudication Management System).
- California Office of Self-Insurance Plans (OSIP) verification to determine if an employer is self-insured for workers’ compensation coverage.